What distinguishes Agora from other cyber charter schools?
Agora offers a superior education with a complete support team providing your student(s) with a personalized learning experience. Some of the key distinguishers are:
- A regionally assigned Family Coach who maintains regular contact with the student and family to ensure academic success
- Highly skilled teachers that are state certified in their subject area
- Simple, straightforward attendance policy
- A flexible schedule allowing students a self-paced personalized learning experience
- An Individualized Learning Plan guiding the student to academic success
- Academic subjects with defined mastery objectives, a combination of real-time and recorded classes, small-group instruction, and tutoring sessions
- Wide variety of face-to-face educational and social school gatherings and online academic and social clubs to enrich your student’s online school experience
- Parents / Learning Coach online and face-to-face workshops and conferences
Which grades are offered by Agora Cyber Charter School?
Agora Cyber Charter School offers kindergarten through 12th grade.
How much does it cost to attend Agora Cyber Charter School?
Agora is a tuition-free public cyber charter school in the state of Pennsylvania.
Are there any financial responsibilities that students experience during the school year?
Yes, students and families will be responsible for purchasing some consumable materials like pencils, pens and household supplies that would be used in science experiments. Some additional costs could include optional field trips that are organized by staff.
What does an enrolled Agora student receive?
Each student will receive a Dell laptop, LaserJet printer, headset, a set amount of ink cartridges, Agora branded backpack, first class curriculum, a combination of textbooks (online or printed), lesson plans, enrichment courses, and a subsidy for Internet access.
Do Agora representatives ever visit my home?
On occasion, a Family Coach may visit your student in your home. You may also invite your teacher to come to your home, although this is completely optional. Webcams are occasionally used, with parent permission, to conduct live therapy sessions with some special education students.
How do Agora students interact socially?
Throughout the year, students are invited to participate in face-to-face or online school gatherings, field trips, picnics, and other social events. In select cities across the state, students and parents also meet regularly in a school-sponsored location. Local Agora families also organize activities on their own to gather together in their area on a regular basis.
What about extracurricular activities?
Students enrolled at Agora can participate in their local school districts extracurricular activities. The Charter School Law requires a charter school student’s school district of residence to allow the student to participate in the school district’s extracurricular activities if the student is able to fulfill the requirements of participation and the charter school does not provide the same extracurricular activity. For complete information of the Charter School Law and extracurricular activities click here.
Will my child have the same graduation opportunities as students in traditional public schools?
Yes. We are a public school in Pennsylvania, so students can earn an accredited diploma according to Pennsylvania Department of Education requirements based upon successful completion and mastery of course content. We host graduation ceremonies and activities at the end of the 12th grade.